COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Awareness & Information
“Our goal is to always keep our clients & your loved ones safer in our care than anywhere else.”
We are taking extreme precautionary measures to ensure our clients’ safety as well as ensuring their comfort and concerns are continuously managed during this time and attempting to reduce anxiety for our clients in an uncertain situation.
The safety and wellness of our clients and staff is always our main concern, so we wanted to keep you updated on the precautions we are taking at all our facilities, including our residences.
As we all know, the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation has been changing almost on a daily basis and if you’re like us, you’ve been keeping up with the new information as it comes out.
We are continuing to admit clients with increased precautions and will continue to do so until further notice.
(With the current exception of clients from New York, California or Washington State).
Across the facilities we have implemented:
- We have increased housekeeping and sanitizing procedures for infection control, specifically in areas of high usage such as door handles, communal areas, etc.
- We have increased sanitary supplies including antibacterial soap, hand sanitizers, bleach, and disinfectant sprays.
- We have increased cleaning and maintenance for a complete and thorough wipe down of all residences and common areas.
- We have implemented additional staff training and education on appropriate hygiene protocols and all staff is aware of all prevention, management, and containment protocols.
- All employees who show any potential signs and symptoms of COVID-19 will be sent home and not allowed to return until cleared medically. (Symptoms are fever, coughing, and respiratory issues)
- Employees planning to travel out of the country, go on a cruise or visit a highly infected area will not be allowed to work until medically cleared and after a 14-day self-quarantine.
- All staff that is not required to have client interaction are working remotely.
- No site visits or tours will be allowed until deemed appropriate.
- Visitors, delivery staff or contractors will not be allowed into the facility.
For our clients we have and will be implementing:
- All new clients will be prescreened with specific questions relating to the coronavirus and recommended by the CDC and WHO (World Health Organization) clients will be denied admission if there are any red flags.
- All new clients will be separated from the community while under 24-hour observation for fevers, coughing or symptoms of illness.
- All client outings have been temporarily postponed (this includes outside meetings).
- All grocery shopping will be done by staff, we have also stocked up on food, vitamins, and all essential items that may be needed by clients during this period.
- Clients are urged to keep a safe distance from other persons and have been divided into smaller groups and communities to keep each other safe and eliminate any possible spread in case of an infection.
- Clients have been instructed to report to medical staff any symptoms.
- Constant hand washing throughout the day.
We are constantly monitoring daily updates
From the DOH and the CDC as well as the FL Department of Health, key government, regulatory, and local entities for the latest information and guidelines. As a treatment center, we already follow incredibly strict health and safety guidelines including frequent sanitation and medical infection control procedures. We want to keep everyone updated and aware of how we are continuously working to keep up with the changing guidelines as they come out. Our goal is to continue to provide the best care for our clients and staff in the safest way possible.
Regarding Family Weekend:
At Transformations, we take the safety of our clients and families very seriously. With that in mind, we canceled Family Weekend (3/13-15), and may cancel the next one (4/17-19) depending on the situation at the time. Regarding the cancellations, we had each therapist contact any families that were planning on attending to explain the situation and offer support. Keith Berger, our Coordinator of Family Integrated Services, is also available to support these families. Our clients were also informed and provided with support. We are having each therapist offer the families’ full phone therapy sessions with the client if desired. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to call our clinical department: (561) 819-0620.
Download Additional Information: