What to Bring
To ensure that you arrive prepared and know what to expect, we compiled a list of what you can and can not bring that you can use as a check list to prepare for your stay here with us.
- One to two weeks of comfortable wash and wear clothing. Appropriate attire consists of jeans, casual slacks, T-shirts, skirts and dresses (must be knee-length or longer), sweat shirts, sweaters, and jogging suits. Lightweight jackets are recommended year round, and heavier jackets are recommended during colder months.
- All clients are expected to dress modestly.
- Bathing suits – board shorts or swim trunks for the guys, and one or two piece bathing suits for females (full cut bottoms).
- Exercise clothing and exercise shoes,
- Sunglasses and hat/visor.
- Cell phone – we recommend you bring your cell phone for travel to us, but your cell phone will be locked away when you arrive at Transformations.
- Phone Room Access – Clients will have phone access for 15 minutes per day following a 7 days black out period.
- Insurance card and identification (Driver’s license or government issued ID).
- iPod, CD player, or mp3 players are permitted only in certain places (device must have no camera!).
- Other electrical items: hair dryers, curling irons, or electric shavers will be checked for safety upon arrival.
- If you smoke cigarettes, bring your own (however, you will be able to purchase them with your spending money when you are here).
- Extra spending money for cigarettes, snacks at the movies, bowling, etc. ($200 recommended)
What Not To Bring
The success, safety, and confidentiality of our clients are very important to us. During your stay you will be expected to adhere to all policies and procedures set forth by the clinical staff to ensure your safety as well as those around you. When you arrive at Transformations, our staff will check you and your personal belongings as part of our procedure. We ask that you leave the following items at home:
- Alcohol or drug products (products containing any % of or ingredient alcohol)
- Weapons or firearms
- Chewing tobaccos
- Valuables (Expensive jewelry, large amounts of cash)
- Cameras or audio/video recording devices
- Aerosol spray products – hair spray, spray deodorant, etc.
- Candles and incense
- Pornographic materials
- DVD Players
- Video games
Personal Items / Incidentals
The clients are taken to purchase cigarettes on a weekly basis. Transformations does not provide money for these shopping trips and anything a client may wish to purchase is their financial responsibility.
On weekends clients are taken to scheduled activities such as the movies, bowling, ice cream shops, etc.
If you have a loved one at Transformations and would like to send them spending money, make a check out to Integrity Way and mail it to our clinical office. On the envelope put “Attention: Accounting” and note your loved one’s name.
Transformations request that all clients bring cash for travel expenses.
All receipts will be reviewed and checked to ensure appropriate purchases while in treatment.