Its national dessert month and it is officially fall. I love to cook year round but this is baking season my friends. Give this delicious, fall treat a try and as always….feel free to send me any family recipes that you would like to see me cook in future newsletters! [email protected]
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup crush pecans
- Pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 9×9” pan with cooking oil.
- Mix 2 cups flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and pumpkin pie spice in a large bowl. Whisk to combine. Stir in pumpkin, vegetable oil, vanilla and milk until mixed. Pour into prepared pan. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix melted butter with 1/4 cup flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, pecans, and salt. Stir with a fork to combine. Spread on top of pumpkin cake layer.
- Bake 30-40 minutes until you can stick a toothpick in it and it comes out clean!