We are heading into the holiday season and I am so excited to share one of my favorite dessert dishes! This dish is vegan and gluten free and you wouldn’t even know it. As always, feel free to send me a picture if you try this out yourself! [email protected]
4 Ingredient Peppermint Chocolate Crunch Bars:
- 1 ½ cups vegan chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- ¾ cup vegan gluten free brown rice crisp cereal (I used a chocolate flavored brown rice crisp cereal and it was amazing, but plain works too).
- Line an 8 inch pan with parchment paper (or wax paper). Next, clear out a spot in your freezer for when it comes time to cool the chocolate later on.
- Add the coconut oil and melt the chocolate completely. You can either use the double boiler method or just melt it in the microwave. Be careful not to burn it. Stir in the peppermint.
- Add the cereal to the melted chocolate and stir in using a rubber spatula. Pour into the baking pan. Gently flatten the mixture with the spatula.
- Put the pan in the freezer for 15 minutes. Remove from the freezer and leave out at room temperature for another 15 minutes. Slice into 18 rectangular bars by creating 3 rows with 6 columns.
- Store at room temperature, in an airtight container for up to one week.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
- Store in the freezer for up to two months.